What is Numerical Acumen?
Our aim is simple: to help you to develop the mechanical basics of a numerical mind in each of your students:
- Increase the speed at which they recall basic number facts and other mathematics facts.
- Improve their accuracy when using their brain as a calculation device.
- Improve their speed when using their brain as a calculation device.
- Improve their understanding of when not to, and when to, use an electronic calculator.
Support is offered through two different avenues:
- Online instruction, practice and assessment.
- Paper-based instruction, practice and assessment.
Your students have 24-7 access to Numerical Acumen's game-based practice and assessment environment.
Try out the game now.
Numerical Acumen is a marathon, not a sprint.
It is a program for students at all points of their development.
AdditionUnit 1: Doubling.
Unit 2: Near doubles.
Unit 3: Adding near 10s.
Unit 4: Hop to 10.
MultiplicationUnit 1: Two, Three, Five & Ten.
Unit 2: Four, Six, Eight & Nine.
Unit 3: Seven, Eleven, Twelve & Sixteen.
Unit 4: Factors and Multiples.
FractionsUnit 1: The ideas.
Unit 2: Comparing.
Unit 3: Multiplying.
Unit 4: Adding.
Unit 5: Subtracting.
Unit 6: Dividing.
SubtractionUnit 1: The ideas.
Unit 2: Subtracting whole numbers.
DivisionUnit 1: The ideas.
Unit 2: Dividing whole numbers.
In time, more topics will be added.
Booklets are provided which contain instruction, practice sheets and an assessment for a particular unit.
Simply print, distribute and the learning begins. View a booklet.
You can also produce your own versions of the practice and assessment sheets.